Wednesday 13 August 2014

Story Time

Yesterday evening I draw a new address: Netherlands. Before sending a postcard I always read user's profile. Some of them would like something extra: teabags, stickers, lots of stamps, coins or banknotes. But Hannah's request was different:
Can you please write a famous story from your country on the postcard? It does not matter how long or short the story is, I collect stories
So, I complied. I was not aware of any short famous Romanian story that could fit a postcard. But I remembered that I personally wrote one when I was a teacher, working with small children. I was a multi-language project for a small story book. So the first step was to find a card that could support all the text on the back. So I choose a square one, without any text on the back. That way it offered plenty of room for writing. It took some time to write it all down, but it worth the effort. At least I hope so...

On the front of the card there are 12 pictures with Romanian Churches (BISERICI ROMÂNEŞTI). I will write down their names (from left to right, beginning with the upper left corner).
2. Arbore Monastery (UNESCO / arbore = tree) - map location
4. St. Nicholas Church in Densuş (13 century) - map location
7. Brădet Wooden Church details (Bihor County) - map location
8. Putna Monastery (burial place for King Stephen The Great, who build/renewed 25 churches and monasteries during his life, after each victory against the Turk invaders. Some say that the number raises up to 30) - map location
10. Curtea de Argeş (Argeş Court) - map location
12. Voroneţ (UNESCO monument) - map location

No comments:

Post a Comment