Thursday 7 August 2014

Project: One month of peace with postcards

At the end of July Anita from Germany started an ambitious peace-awareness project. I liked the idea and therefore I joined. She promised to send everyone interested a card and in exchange that person should make a donation at a local Red Cross Organization. My card was sent yesterday my and announced it on the blog.
For me it was like a sign.
Firstly because of the date. On the 6th of August Orthodox Church celebrates Transfiguration of Jesus Christ. And one of the project's aims is... transfiguration of human beings. To be more open and willing to help the others.
Secondly because of the postcard content: "a card with an angel painting goes to Romania". I did not see the image yet, BUT it must be beautiful. Angels are God's messengers to humans.
So today I went at the Red Cross office and donate the equivalent of 9 Euros.
Here I meat a wonderful old lady and we sit down at a cup o tea, talking for one hour about human nature, about failure and the need to help the others.  She was very surprised because rarely someone came in all of a sudden to make a donation without no apparent reason.
Thank Anita for this wonderful opportunity.
Your project is NOT in vain.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your nice blog entry. That is the domoino effect I hoped for. That a good act will bring humans together, reaching out for another. I hope that the card will arrive fast to you and that you will find joy in it.

    ReplyDelete