Thursday 4 December 2014

Chanterelle

 
 
I always loved mushrooms. Seeing them in their natural area is relaxing and power-giving.
So, naturally, the cards showing those wonders of nature are for good among my favorites. Lena (aka Jumping-frog) from Sweden was kind enough to send me one in November Surprise RR.
Chanterelle reminds me of my childhood when I was searching for them with my father and my grandmother. Always a joy when discovering them growing in the silent woods. In Romanian we called them gălbiori (yellow-little-ones). I can confirm that they are VERY tasty, especially prepared with garlic.
About the stamps. Both were printed this year (2014) using vivid colors.
The fist one is part of Celebration Time! series, with characteristic symbols such as trumpet or presents. (Designer: Veronica Ballart Lilja)
The second is part of Among Berries and Leaves series, designed by Jesús Verona.

Thank You, Lena !

Country: Sweden
Description: Chanterelle in the wild (macro)

No comments:

Post a Comment